Mindesk Studio is a powerful and flexible platform, however, its interface is designed to appear friendly and minimal. On the left, the navigation panel allows you to access the main areas of the software, while on the right side, most of space is dedicated to the viewer, a window showing what is happening inside your Mindesk room.
You can maximize the viewer space by collapsing the navigation panel using the hamburger button on the top.
Hit the play button to visualize what is happening in VR (if you are using the 2D mode, this is standard). This is useful if you are presenting to other people in the room who don't have a VR headset or if you are sharing your monitor in a web call.
In the bottom bar, you will notice some additional tools:
- Pause button: Turn the viewer render off to save computing resources
- Home position: Reset the camera to its initial position (useful if you get lost)
- Center model: Place the camera at the geometric center of the model
- Navigation style: First Person or Arc Ball (more detail below)
- Synchronize viewport: Sync Mindesk and CAD camera position
First person navigation style. It allows you to "walk" the project. Recommended for Architectural and BIM models and models larger than a person.
Third person navigation style. It allows you to "orbit" around the project. Recommended for mechanical models and models smaller than a person.
Here you can manage your Multi User session. More details here
Here you can manage your account, including logging in and out, resetting your password and releasing your license.
TIP: Based on your subscription tier, you might need to Release your license to use it on another PC (Professional), or do that automatically (Enterprise). Freelancer users cannot Release their license once installed.
- Device: Select your output device. Usually a VR headset (Meta Quest, HTC Vive, or other OpenVR or OpenXR supported devices), or XR headset (Hololens 2, Varjo). A 2D interface is available as fallback when no device is detected.
- VR Sky Color: Set the background color of your room.
- Speckle Connector: Manage connection with a Speckle server.
- Teleport Height: Set the distance from the floor level when you teleport. We recommend this to be equal to your physical height.
- Desktop Duplication: Select which monitor to mirror in VR (use the Desktop mirror button o the top of the tool palette to activate) and how wide it is.
- AR Model Position: Here you can set the positional and orientation offset as well as scale to match your hologram to the reality. You can automate this process using a positional QR Code.
- System Info and Log: Useful for troubleshooting and support, these two panels provide key information about your system and session.