A "Session" begins when a data source (a CAD or BIM document) is linked to Mindesk and ends when Mindesk is closed.
If you are planning to use Mindesk in VR or AR mode (there is also a 2D option), please make it sure your AR/VR headset is up and running before starting Mindesk Studio.
Execute Mindesk Studio from your Windows Start menu or from C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Mindesk. The Mindesk Studio will appear on your desktop:
Launch sequence: Mindesk single user VR (local) + Autodesk Revit
Autodesk Revit ribbon menu
- Execute Mindesk Studio
- If this is the first time using Mindesk, go in the Account session, log in using your Mindesk account email and password and select your active license
- Execute Autodesk Revit and open a Revit file
- From the Revit ribbon, in the "Mindesk" section, click Link VR
- Choose your preferred view from the dialog box (usually the 3D View), this will affect what element of your BIM model will be showed in VR based on your filters
- Click "Link", Mindesk will start to sync your BIM model and after a few seconds, you will be able to see your model appearing in Mindesk
Once your session is launched, you can see your model both in the VR mirror on the "Viewer" page and inside your headset.