The Tool Palette is your main interface while in VR. It sticks to your left controller and can be summoned clicking the pad or stick button on your left controller.
|Tool Palette||Layer Explorer||Settings|
Below, a break down of the tools and settings available in each section.
This tab is the main section of the Tool Palette and contains all the tools you will need during a design review session.
More info available about each tool in this article about VR Design Review tools.
The top bar contains some quick buttons:
- Toggle Desktop Mirror: Turns the desktop mirror on and off. While active, a floating panel will display the content of your desktop. Useful to control your windows applications (i.e. the CAD or BIM source) without taking off your headset.
- Go to Home: Reset your position to its initial state.
- Dock Tool Palette: Dock the tool palette in a fixed point in space.
- Close Tool Palette
The Layer tab lists the layers available in your project. If layers have sub-layers you can explore them with the + button. On the right side of each layer name, click the related icons to hide or freeze (non selectable) said layer.
- Tooltips: Tooltips are notes that you can attach to BIM objects (fill the related parameter using the "Inquire" tool). Use this switch to toggle them on and off.
- Autosize: Makes the tooltip size relative to your visualization scale. Use it to improve readability.
- Tooltips inside objects: Use this tool to improve Tooltips readability in certain situations.
- Scale lock: Forbit visualization scale change by grabbing the side buttons of your controllers. Useful i.e. to lock 1:1 scale during presentations and walkthrough.
- Microphone and Speaker: Turn these devices on and off during a multiuser session.